Wednesday 2 April 2014

Bloody Hell, i've been a slacker! - Yellow Submarine.

So far this year you will notice that I have updated my blog all of zero. I do apologise but I will be getting some posts in order in the next coming weeks.
 
One of our projects this year is to work on a live brief, Our course leader Derek is currently directing an animated/live action short called Deep, its got something to do with Greek mythology, medusa and torn film strips. The idea is every time there is an imperfections on the film strip a whole other world opens up in the story, or something like that. I've had it explained to me more than once now but I wont lie, I'm a tad confused as I unfortunately missed the first lecture.
 
Anyhow, the section I have ended up working on is based heavily upon the Yellow Submarine, the film made by la Beatles. It's super wicked awesome fun because its some super solid 2D animation, which I happen to enjoy, accompanied by some bizarre colours and creations. I shall write another post that covers this in a lot more detail but for now here are some character designs that I have been working on for the Blue meanies, if you have seen the animation you will be familiar with the bad guys. We are using a similar design to represent the gangsters in the film.
 
Lovely.

My outlines.
Coloured, Init.
Within an Environment.
Jazzed up a bit upon feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment