Monday 28 October 2013

Funny In 15!

Another task we've been set this semester as a year group is to create a 15 second animation that has to make people laugh. Now I don't know about you but I consider myself to be a pretty hilarious individual just not always intentionally. Trying to make people laugh is the hardest thing in the world, especially when they know its what you're trying to do. I got put with Elf and Sammy, 2 people I hadn't worked with before but get along with well so I was happy. It's nice to have new inputs and views, it means you see things that initially you would have missed. We had a few ideas but Elf came up with one we went with as it was simple and fit into the 15 seconds well, it was just to do with a tree falling on a cow basically, but in our heads we tried to set it up in an amusing way. Here are the anamatic/storyboard boxes I drew up for elf to edit into an anamatic.
 
 
 
I hope from this you can understand what the plan was, on reflection we didn't actually like the idea, and didn't feel that it reflected our humor at all. We didn't find it funny so there was no way in  hell we were ever going to be able to put the energy into it to make other people find it funny.
 
Here was our original anamatic -  
 

 
We surrendered to this idea, and left it here, went away and had some thoughts. Elf came back to us with an interesting idea. It was nearly crossing a line but not really at all because this is animation and we can do anything we want and people don't care because its cartoons and no one takes cartoons seriously, anyways... right??
 
So, here is our new concept, its funnier i'll give him that, and i'm all for going with it!
 

I think its funny, anyway.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment