Thursday 24 October 2013

Pre Production - Pick a card.

New Year, New projects. I chose to go forward with pre production this year and one of the tasks that was set to us included coming up with concepts from completely random ideas. We were given 4 cards, I received, Fairy Barmaid, Health Education Programme, U.P.A, and Schwarzwald. Not necessarily a match made in heaven but whatcha gonna do?

After a bit of thought and googling I decided that I thoroughly un-enjoyed the 1950's flinstone-esque style that I was given, I will admit I chose to over look it a little bit but am trying to incorporate the background tone style into my concept piece.

United Productions America


After meeting no revelations with this style I decided to focus on the character I was given, a small talk with different people made me match this with the setting, the Black forest in Germany. Fairies and Forests go together hand in hand so that wasn't an issue, the really trouble maker was the Heath Education Programme. I spoke to Andy briefly the other day and he mentioned that a lot of the fairy tales that were written were initially devised to keep children out of the forest as it was dangerous.

Moving forward my idea is to use this Fairy Character to highlight issues such as was done in the fairy tales, except instead of being scared of the forest im going to focus on issues that the Health Education Programme would have focused on. Issues such as Pregnancy, Drinking, Drugs, Diet, Diseases, etc. I think It would work well like a 50's advert or promotional video where there is a narrator asking the character questions.


Unfinished Concept for the Fairy that all the bad things happen to.








No comments:

Post a Comment